Detail BMW ICOM Firmware Update Guide with Pictures
The text here displays a detail instruction on updating BMW ICOM firmware. BMW ICOM diagnostic system with different ApplicationImage and BootImage shares the same update procedure.
First all of, download Firmware bin file for ICOM A2/ ICOM A emulator
Download ICOM ApplicationImage 01.37.00 bin
ICOM BootImage 01.23.01bin
How to update ICOM A or A2 firmware, pdf document free download
BMW ICOM Firmware Update Instruction:
1 First step is to make sure the LAN adapter is set to DHCP and is enabled, follow this way:
Click Start on the desktop to open Network Connection, then click control panel. In the search box, type adapter. Then click View network connection under Network and Sharing Center.
Right-click the connection your want to change, click Properties, enter the administrator password or confirmation
Click the Networking tab. Under This connection uses following items, click either Internet Protocol 4 (TCP/IPv4) or Internet Protocol 6 (TCP/IPv6).
The Network Connection Properties Dialog Box
—-To get IP settings automatically using DHCP, select “Obtain an IP address automatically”, click OK
—-To get a DNS server address automatically using DHCP, select “Obtain DNS server address automatically”, click OK
2. Connect BMW ICOM hardware with vehicle using UTP cable in the package. Power up ICOM A2 with 12 V adaptor or connect it with vehicle via OBD diagnostic socket. 4 LED indicators should be on.
3. Check that the network adapter has an IP like 169.254…
4. Browse to the web: 169.254.92.38:60080/
User name: root
5. Select Channel menu and click only once on the button available there
6. Go to firmware update and update with ICOM BootImage bin and then ICOM ApplicationImage bin, do not reboot between parts.
Select ICOM-BootImage-XX-XX-XX.bin, set image type to “SYSTEM”,
click “Send the file” and wait
Click on Yes and wait
Click “Update Firmware” button
Click the APPLICATION option and browse for ICOM-ApplicationImage-XX-XX-XX.bin, click on “Send the file” button and wait
Click Yes and wait
7. Reboot ICOM
8. After at least 2 minutes press on Home button and go to Update Firmware and check to see the firmware versions for boot is xx-xx-xx and application is xx-xx-xx.
1)There are 2 firmware update files, first install the small file and choose “SYSTEM” correspondingly. Then install larger file, select “APPLICATION” instead.
The firmware file and method fits for BMW ICOM A1, ICOMA2 and ICOM.