Ford VCM2 IDS for Ford Mazda 2-in-1 communication failed
2015 new Ford VCMII diagnostic scanner for Ford (IDS V96) and Mazda (IDS V95) 2-in-1 communication failed problem solution provided.
One of Japanese customer has newly got the VCM2 IDS kit for Ford and Mazda (Item No: SP239-B). He followed the instruction in obd2express.co.uk web package to install Ford IDS v96, but error occurs when connecting the VCM2 kit with vehicle, the system said no USB drivers detected. The indicator on VCM main unit flashed, the system detected the USB Serial Convertor deriver, but still cannot communicate with vehicle. Error screenshots taken below:
Did not install VCM 2 IDS USB driver correctly/completely.
Un-install the software and install VCM2 USB driver software again.
1) Ford and Mazda 2-in-1 VCM2 scanner support vehicle from 1996 to 2014 and part of 2015.
2) This VCM II has the same working method as VXDIAG VCX NANO ford and mazda 2 in 1 scanner (item number SP239).
3) Ford and Mazda software can be installed on the same laptop if runs on VMware.
4) Ford and Mazda software can not be installed on same laptop if runs on Win XP laptop.
5) Ford IDS software installation is slightly different from Mazda IDS installation.
Follow video installation guide here:
How to install Ford & Mazda VCM2 2-in-1 Ford IDS V96 software
How to install Ford & Mazda VCM2 2-in-1 Mazda IDS V95 software