How to update Ford VCM2 IDS to V97 (V97.1)
Ford VCM2 IDS software has newly updated to V97 (23/09/2015). Here is the instruction on updating your Ford IDS to V97.1.
Software version: IDS V97.1
Operating system: Windows XP/ Windows 7 on VMware (recommended)
Free download Ford IDS V97.1 software
You can download form the link directly or download from Thunder (enter URL to download directly), because the software is huge.
How to update VCM2 IDS to V97?
1.Have old V81, V91 IDS installed
1) First install C81 Calibration files and then V86 IDS
2) Then install V91 IDS, if the software displays 3 day trial prompt, then continue to install IDS V96, otherwise quit software installation and change another laptop to re-install software
3) After well install V96 IDS, install IDS V97 software
4) Update VCM2 firmware (following instructions below)
2. Have IDS V96 installed
If you already have VCM2 IDS V96 installed, then directly install V97 IDS and update VCM2 firmware.
How to update Ford VCM 2 scanner firmware?
1) Press the power button on VCM2 scan tool main unit
2) Long-press on the power button, connect VCM2 with power supply, wait for all 4 indicators turn on, then release the button. Then connect VCM2 with computer via USB cable
3) Run IDS software, software will prompt to update firmware. Wait the update procedure is done.
4. Restart computer when firmware update is completed. Connect VCM2 kit with vehicle to start diagnosing or programming functions.